Malmö, Sweden - Full Ticket Price £1,995 (pp based on two people sharing)
Tuesday 26 – Saturday 30 May 2020
A five-day/four-night guided horticultural discovery tour of southern Sweden
Join us on an exclusive, personally guided, Swedish garden extravaganza led by award winning garden designer David Wyndham Lewis and renowned horticulturist John Taylor. Journey through southern Sweden, taking in three historic gardens, Katrinetorp, Norrviken and Sofiero, the Malmö Garden Show, Hällåkra vineyard and cider orchard and Kolonihus communal gardens, all whilst leaving time to enjoy the city and relax in the luxurious 4-star MJ’s Hotel.
MJ’s Hotel, in the heart of Malmö is an oasis of tranquillity, offering a sauna complex with exercise and relaxation rooms which still retains part of a wall from “Herr Axels Badstuga”, a sauna dating from the 15th century. Enjoy breakfast each morning in the beautiful atrium and in your down time the historic market square Lilla Torg is within 50 yards where you’ll find several restaurants and bars. You are also within walking distance of the King’s Park with the Malmöhus Castle.
What’s in store:
- Our first tour will be at Katrinetorp Landeri – an agricultural property which was owned or rented by a burgher, usually a wealthy merchant, and was used as a summer residence and for larger parties.
- We will be starting day two in style at Klinta Trädgård. This exclusive garden visit is the creation of Peter Korn and Julia Andersson. Julia was educated as a Garden Designer at SLU in Alnarp and is the Chair of judges for the Malmö garden show.
- In the evening we have exclusive tickets to the Malmö Garden Show Preview Evening. The Malmö Garden Show is one of the undiscovered gems on the international garden show calendar.
- The following morning will be at leisure to enjoy the Malmö Garden Show and see the medals for the gardens, before a visit to a Kolonihus , these communities of gardens established themselves early in the 20th century.
- Day four will start at Norrviken. Famous for its gardens in different styles, the gardens offer experiences for all the senses.
About our guides:
- Award winning Garden Designer David Wyndham Lewis has worked in Sweden many times and is recognised there as one of Britain’s leading garden designers.
- John Taylor is a British gardener that is recognised across Scandinavia as a great communicator of garden knowledge.
- Maximum group size is 20
- Price based per head on two people sharing
- Return flights from Heathrow, transfers and tolls, welcome dinner and two lunches, all garden entries and Malmö Garden Show Preview included
- £295 single supplement applies
- £200 pp deposit (non-refundable) required by 1 November to reserve a place, with balance paid by the 29th February
- Itinerary subject to change
For further information, and full T&C's please visit: Here