Florence, Italy - Full Ticket Price £945 (pp based on two people sharing)
Monday 13 - Thursday 16 May 2019.
NEW for 2019: A four-day/three-night guided trip to showcase five historic gardens of Florence.
An exclusive, personally guided, Italian garden extravaganza led by garden historian and friend of Perennial, Stephen Harmer. This incredible 'gardener's paradise' tour will take in five of the most important and beautiful gardens of Tuscany and allow guests to explore Florence from a boutique bed and breakfast nestled in the heart of this romantic city:
- Villa Castello - Commissioned by Cosimo I de Medici, ruler of Florence, in 1538, this garden is regarded by many as the blueprint of 16th century Italian gardens.
- Villa Gamberaia - Built in the early 1600s this classic villa is noted for its magnificent formal gardens and breathtaking views over the Arno valley.
- Le Balze - Designed by English ex-pat Cecil Pinsent, this hillside garden is a wonderful example of small-scale design in the Italian Renaissance tradition.
- Villa Medici Fiesole - Rarely open to the public, this 'garden with a view' is one of the oldest Renaissance residences with a garden and one of the most well-preserved.
- Boboli Gardens - A place of historical importance for Florence with spectacular gardens and the blueprint which inspired many European Royal gardens including Versailles near Paris.
About our guide: Currently Head Gardener at Tonbridge School, Stephen has spent many years as a lecturer in garden history at both Hadlow and Plumpton colleges. He leads garden study tours to Paris, Rome, Florence and England, giving entertaining and insightful commentary.
- Minimum group size is 20
- Price based per head on two people sharing
- Return flights from Heathrow and garden transfers included
- £65 single supplement applies
- £90 deposit per head required by 29 October to reserve a place, with balance paid by end of February 2019
For further information, and full T&C's please visit here